Thursday, March 27, 2008

THE LEAST I CAN DO IS UPDATE YOU

Seeing as I have yet to produce the baby...

Highlights of the past 24 hours:

1- I have lost all or at least part of my mucous plug. It hasn't been bloody, just more discharge with globs of mucous and (tmi) some jelly-like bits. This is encouraging, my cervix must be opening more.

2- I have officially finished all my work I set out to do before the baby comes (I am self-employed so I do plan to continue working somewhat, or I won't make any money!), I have filed and paid my taxes, and all my accounting is up to date.

3- I woke up around 5.30 am with some cramps. They came and went about every 7 minutes or so until mid-morning. They weren't terribly painful, but still not fun. Although they were not rhythmic the rest of the day, they were still present. Again- encouraging.

4- Our crib finally arrived! Yes, only today! A month later than we had been promised. It is assembled and made, and I am so pleased with our choice of furniture and bedding! Still waiting on the dresser though! If I have nothing exciting to post in the next few days I will definitely get some pics up.

5- For those suggesting sex- we did that this morning. Maybe it helped. Who knows? Won't The C be pleasantly surprised if I suggest more of the same tomorrow morning!!

6- NST and fluid check set for tomorrow morning. I have been drinking like crazy in order to keep my fluids high all day today. I am a b it nervous about speaking with my doctor following the tests, but we shall see. Maybe I will go into labour tonight and it will all be moot.

7- Spoke with my doula this aft and she seems very to think that all is going well. I will speak with her after my tests tomorrow so that she can help me make an informed decision.

Finally, and always: A million hugs to you all for being here time and time again. I want to have little boy pics to reward you with. Just bear with me and my body!!

27 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Every day I'm checking your blog I'm like, "is this it?" Thank you for the update. And I hope the sex speeds things along :-)

Anonymous said...

never mind every day...i've been checking every hour! at least!!!! enough already, ms c!!!!
darling, i think of you often...
sending loads of love
peace
shlomit

mom to three great kids said...

Good Luck, I sure hope this is the start of labour for you, what wonderful times are ahead of you, can't wait to see baby pictures...take care!

Aurelia said...

Well, if you are slightly dilated and losing your plug, then inducing you really would only mean breaking your water...and weekends suck for giving birth, (lack of nurse, etc.) so think about doing it today.

I'll check back later!

Serenity said...

fingers crossed that today is the day...!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update! Hoping it all goes well!

Heather said...

Um... there is no baby in your ticker?? Is that because the ticker people figure at 41 weeks there is ABSOLUTELY NO way she will still be pregnant??

The sex thing worked for us so hang in there!! :-)

MrsSpock said...

I hope you are at this moment laboring away...good luck!

Anonymous said...

Well? Any news?

Anonymous said...

pleeeease tell me you're in labour!!!
i woke up this morning thinking about you!!!
peace
shlomit

Mig said...

Hey Mrs C. I'm so happy for you. Thanks for your words of encouragement. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the baby soon. Mig.

Anonymous said...

helllooooooo....ms c? the c? baby? anybody home!?!?!?!
it is 2:18 a.m. and i need to go to bed...but i need to know what's going on!!!
LOL!!!
hope it's all good!!
peace
shlomit

Gil said...

Come on! Come on already! Update us! I check this blog about eight times a day looking for details and nada! *eyeroll*

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Wow, I've been totally out of the loop, but I thought for sure you would have had him by now. I'm betting since it is Sunday and your last post was Thursday he must have arrived.

Geohde said...

Haunting your blog....baby yet?? :)

J

Anonymous said...

hey girl...
stalking your blog as always...hope you guys post some news soon!
love you!
peace
shlomit

Anonymous said...

waiting waiting waiting...

F2

Anonymous said...

UPDATE:

Ms C is obviously very busy but I've just heard the news and had to update all those that are checking regularly (as I was)

A healthy 7lb 7oz Baby Boy was born Saturday March 29th around 6:30pm.

All went well (although there are some good Blog stories in there for her to tell you about)

She's home from the hospital. Pictures to be posted soon...

Heather said...

YEAH!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Gil said...

WOO HOO!!!! *Dances*

Angie said...

I've been checking... I'm hoping you're doing well.

Aurelia said...

Congratulations!

Now post silly. I need pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

MAZEL TOV!!!!! He's gorgeous!!!!!
Now post the story and more pics, please!!!!!!
xoxoxox
peace
shlomit

decemberbaby said...

Remember how seven months ago, "still pregnant" was a very very good thing? My, how times change. Hang in there - it sounds like your body is moving in the right direction.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!

sharah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sharah said...

Shlomit passed on the news -- Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!